Boo and the Goose

My photo
We are two college students trying to grow up gracefully.

Thursday 23 June 2011

Ode to a Cleanser...

I have a feeling this may become more of a product rave than a product review.

It’s fair to say I have problematic skin and often struggle finding suitable skincare. But first, before I reveal the star product, let me tell you a bit more about my skin type.

Since I was born I’ve suffered with eczema. Also, last year I developed acne. Therefore there’s a pretty good mixture of things going on with my face; dryness due to eczema yet oiliness too as you would typically associate with acne, sensitivity - any harsh chemicals (often found in facial washes treating acne) aggravate my eczema and many products will cause me to breakout merely making my acne even worse.

Now it’s unreasonable to expect one product to miraculously solve all of my many skin issues. Although, I have found a product that at least doesn’t worsen any of them.
Ok so I guess I have kept you waiting long enough now; the product that I am in love with is: Liz Earle’s ‘cleanse and polish’. This is a favourite among beauty editors and I can completely understand why.

I use this product every day, morning and night. It has a very creamy texture but when massaged into your skin it simply feels nourishing, not heavy. Made with natural ingredients you can rest assured there aren’t any secret aggravating chemicals hiding. This cleanser is lovely as it gives a thorough cleanse without leaving my skin feeling tight afterwards.

It is meant to be used with a muslin cloth in order to remove it; something I would strongly advice! It offers gentle daily exfoliation removing dead skin cells which can clogg pores and improves skin texture. Now some people don’t understand the importance of good skin texture, after all it’s not like many people walk round all day stroking their face (I’m not judging if you do). However skin texture reflects the overall condition of your skin and its health. Also it makes it so much easier to apply makeup smoothly and for products to work more effectively.

This product isn’t the cheapest cleanser around, but for me cleansing is the most essential part of my skincare routine and I am willing to pay a little extra in order to have good skin. That said, you could pay a lot more and so overall I think it is reasonably priced and the quality of the product definitely justifies the price. Another downside is that it’s also not as easily available as some other cleansers. However as expected in the technological society we now live in, it is easy to find and order online.

After using this product I’ve found my skin is smoother and clearer and more balanced. The product is easy to use and removes all traces of makeup, even waterproof mascara. Another bonus is that it’s suitable for all skin types. Basically, this product ticks every box!
Thank you so much Liz Earle! I can honestly say that in your cleanser I have found a lifelong friend :)

Liz Earle Cleanse and polish can be purchased from John Lewis, QVC or Liz Earle's website.
RRP=£11.75 for 100ml

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I've heard that it's pretty great too! I will have to try this one day. My sis has eczema so I know how annoying that can be. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete